Ergopad is an Ergo native token that can only be stored within Ergo supported and integrated wallets. As for now, ErgoPad is currently only available through Spectrum Finance, a decentralized exchange built on the Ergo Blockchain. This tutorial will cover the basic instructions about how to get ErgoPad tokens.
・What wallets support ErgoPad and where can I store my ErgoPad tokens?
As of the time this article was written, Ergo mobile wallet/Terminus, Nautilus & SAFEW support Ergopad storage & swaps on Spectrum Finance.
Nautilus wallet, which is probably the most popular ERG wallet, is the one we recommend because it has a simple and easy-to-use user interface. So, Ergo mobile wallet, which is called Terminus on iOS, is also a great choice. This tutorial however will focus on the Nautilus desktop wallet, but either will work well.
・ Once you choose an Ergo wallet, you will have to download the wallet or extension and create your own wallet.
Make sure to write down your wallet’s private seed phrases and keep them in a safe place. If you need to restore your wallet or forget your password, this seed phrase is the key to recover your wallet.
Once you have successfully created an ERG wallet, you can store all Ergo native tokens, including Ergopad.
・ Now that I have created an ERG wallet, how do I get ErgoPad tokens?
- If you want to make a swap or buy a token, you have to send some Erg tokens to your wallet. This lets you swap Erg for other native tokens or pay transaction fees.
So you either mine ERG or buy it on an exchange and send it to your ERG wallet address on your chosen wallet provider.
Here’s a list of exchanges that support Ergo trading.
Among these exchanges are well-known platforms like Kucoin, Gate.io, and Huobi.
2. To withdraw and send your Ergos to your Erg wallet, copy the address of your wallet and paste it into the “Withdraw” tab on the exchange. Your tokens will be sent to this address.
3. In order to swap your Erg to ErgoPad tokens, you will have to first visit the Spectrum finance DEX.
4. To swap or trade, you’ll need to link your wallet to the DEX in the top right corner.
When you click “connect wallet,” a window will pop up from your wallet provider asking you to approve the dApp connection.
You have successfully connected your wallet to the platform!
5. In the next step, you’ll have to choose the tokens you want to swap in the swap window on the Spectrum Finance DEX.
The token you want to swap goes in the empty space at the top, and the token you want to get through the swap goes in the empty space at the bottom.
You will also have to enter a number of the tokens you want to trade in the empty box above. The box below will then show you how many tokens you will get in exchange for the amount of tokens you are swapping.
6. Once you have filled out all of the boxes, you will need to submit your trade and sign the transaction through a window that will pop up from your wallet provider.
The transaction might take a few seconds or a few minutes. You can track the progress of your transaction by using the Ergo explorer.
Once the transactions have been confirmed on the explorer, you have successfully swapped ErgoPad tokens and should now have them in your wallet.
Welcome to the ErgoPad community!
・ What can I do with my ErgoPad tokens now that I have them? How do I stake them and take part in upcoming IDOs?
Check out our tutorials page on ErgoPad.io for more information on other topics, and if you need more help or support, join our chat groups, where our community managers will be happy to help you out.
Thanks for reading, and see you next time.
The ErgoPad Team